Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Tasmania. 1996 ‘Prohibited Firearms.’ Firearms Act 1996 (Act as at 4 November 2015); Schedule 1. Hobart: Legislative Council and House of Assembly. 30 August
SCHEDULE 1 - Prohibited Firearms
The following firearms are prohibited firearms:
1. Any machine gun, submachine gun or other firearm capable of propelling projectiles in rapid succession during one pressure of the trigger.
2. Any self-loading rim-fire rifle.
3. Any self-loading centre-fire rifle.
4. Any self-loading shotgun.
5. Any pump action shotgun.
6. Any firearm that substantially duplicates in appearance a firearm referred to in item 1.
7. Any firearm to which there is attached any article or device capable of muffling, reducing or stopping the noise created by firing the firearm.
8. A pistol that is of a reduced or an abridged size.
9. Any firearm or part of a firearm which has a dimension less than the prescribed minimum dimension.
10. A prohibited pistol.
11. Any ex-military firearm that is a firearm in relation to which a firearm licence may not be issued.
12. Any ordnance.