Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Australia. 2008 ‘Records of Transfers of Firearms.’ Firearms Regulations 2008 (Version: 1.7.2015); Section 17 (Part 3). Adelaide: Parliament of South Australia. 1 September
17. Records of transfers of firearms
(1) A dealer must compile the records referred to in regulation 16 and a dealer or an authorised officer (as the case requires) must compile the records referred to in section 15C of the Act in duplicate in a form approved by the Registrar.
(2) Within 7 days after the end of each month the dealer or authorised officer must deliver the original records referred to in subregulation (1) in respect of that month to the Registrar.
(3) The duplicate copy of the records must be kept for at least 3 years at the dealer's or club's premises.
(4) If the dealer has not witnessed the transfer of possession of any firearms and has not acted as agent in the transfer of possession of any firearms during a month, the dealer must deliver a copy of the appropriate form to the Registrar with "Nil Return" written across it.
(5) In this regulation - authorised officer has the same meaning assigned by section 15B of the Act.
[The Act referred to in this Regulation is the Firearms Act 1977]