Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Australian Capital Territory. 2008 ‘Arms Fairs, Permits to Conduct.’ Firearms Regulation 2008 (SL2008-55, Republication No 13, effective 1 December 2015); Section 71 (Part 15). Canberra: ACT Parliamentary Counsel. 22 December
71. Arms fairs, permits to conduct - Act, s 141 (a)
(1) A permit may be issued to authorise the use by a licensed firearms dealer of stated premises for the purposes of an arms fair if satisfied that the premises are suitable for the purpose.
(2) In considering whether premises are suitable for subsection (1), the registrar must have regard to the considerations stated in section 37 (Dealer licences, restrictions on issue - Act, s 272 (2) (e)).
(3) A permit under subsection (1) —
(a) must state the time during which the dealer is authorised to hold the arms fair; and
(b) authorises anyone exhibiting on the premises during the fair to deal with the firearms exhibited in accordance with the permit-holder's firearms dealer licence.
(4) In this section: arms fair means a fair where firearms and related items are
exhibited and dealt with in accordance with the permit-holder's firearms dealer licence.
[The Act referred to in this Regulation is the Firearms Act 1996]