Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Zambia. 1994 ‘Registration of Imported Firearms and Ammunition.’ Firearms (Amendment) Act, Chapter 110, Firearms 13 of 1994; Section 8. Lusaka: Republic of Zambia. 1 January
Registration of imported firearms and ammunition
8. (1) All firearms and ammunition imported into Zambia for the purpose of sale shall be registered in the prescribed manner according to any existing numbers or marks on such firearms or parts thereof or on any package of ammunition, and, if so required by an authorised officer, shall be stamped or otherwise marked in the prescribed manner.
(2) Registration under subsection (1) shall be effected as soon as possible after the deposit of the firearms or ammunition in a warehouse in terms of section seven, and shall include a notation that the firearms or ammunition have been imported for the purpose of sale.
(3) Any person who imports any firearms or ammunition shall supply such information for the purpose of enabling registration to be effected as may be required by the person responsible for such registration (who shall be such person as may be prescribed), or as may be prescribed.
(4) No person other than an authorised officer or a person deputed by such officer in that behalf shall alter, substitute or erase from a firearm or a part thereof any number or mark in accordance with which such firearm or part has been registered.
(5) Any person who contravenes any provision of subsection (3) or (4) shall be guilty of an offence