Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Yemen. 1992 ‘Holding, Carrying and Trading in Firearms.’ Law No (40) of 1992 on Regulating Carrying Firearms & Ammunitions and Their Trade; Article 23. Sana'a: Ministry of Interior, General Department of Legal Affairs. Translation commissioned by the Yemen Armed Violence Assessment / YAVA. 30 May
A. A personal firearms may not be carried or taken to go around with even if it is licensed in the following cases and places:
1. During meeting the chairman and members of the presidential council and the places in which they are available.
2. During secret balloting, referendum, demonstrations, parades, official celebrations, sports and youth festivals.
3. Within official departments.
B. The license to carry arms shall be considered expired in the following cases:
2. Handing over the weapon to another person who is unlicensed to carry arms.
3. Losing the weapon for ever.
4. Availability of any of the cases stated in article (21) of this law.