Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Barbados. 1998 ‘Collector's Licence.’ Firearms Act 1998, Chapter 179; Section 9A. Bridgetown: Government of Barbados. 1 November
9A. (1) A person who is desirous of operating as a collector shall apply to the Commissioner in the prescribed form for a collector's licence.
(2) A person who holds a collector's licence may collect, keep, store and dispose of firearms and ammunition in accordance with the terms of, and at a place specified in, that licence.
(3) A person who holds a collector's licence shall not without the written permission of the Commissioner keep, store or dispose of any firearm or ammunition at any place other than a place specified for the purpose in his licence.
(4) A person who holds a collector's licence shall keep a register in the prescribed form of his stock of firearms and ammunition and all transactions relating to that stock, with the names and addresses of persons involved in those transactions and the dates of those transactions.
(5) The provisions of subsections (5), (6) and (7) of section 9 shall apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in relation to the holder of a collector's licence as those provisions apply in relation to the holder of a gunsmith's licence.
(6) In this section the expression "collector" means a person who
(a) collects firearms and ammunition; and
(b) satisfies the Commissioner that he has special knowledge of and experience in their history and characteristics.