Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Lithuania. 2002 ‘Carrying and Transportation of Arms and Ammunition.’ Republic of Lithuania Law on the Control of Arms and Ammunition No. IX-705; Chapter Eight (Article 33). Vilnius: The Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. 15 January
Article 33. Carrying and Transportation of Arms and Ammunition
1. Persons having permits to keep arms shall transport the arms to another place (a place of keeping of an arm, a shooting range, etc.) unloaded, put in a holster or any other appropriate container. Cartridges may not be put in the barrel and the magazine must be removed from the arm.
2. A permit to acquire an arm, ammunition shall grant the right to transport the acquired arms, ammunition to the place of storing as well as keep them until the registration (but not longer than 10 days).
3. A permit to keep an arm shall not grant the right to carry an arm and ammunition.
4. Firearms intended for hunting shall be carried loaded within the areas of hunting as is prescribed by the legal acts regulating hunting.
5. In the cases prescribed by laws it may be prohibited to carry arms in public places if this may cause threat to the security of an individual or the population. This provision shall not apply to officers of entities having a special status who perform duties in the cases provided for in laws, as well as to persons who carry out professional activities related to the protection of an individual and property.
6. Entities having a special status, their officers shall carry and transport arms and ammunition in a manner prescribed by other legal acts.