Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Indonesia. 2020 ‘Manufacture.’ National Report of Indonesia on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 2 (2.1), p.4. New York NY: Permanent Mission of Indonesia to the United Nations. 1 January
Laws, regulations and administrative procedures
2.1. Are there any SALW manufactured in your country? YES
2.1.1. Does your country have laws, regulations and/or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the manufacture of SALW? YES
220.127.116.11. List laws, regulations and/or administrative procedures regulating the manufacture of SALW in your country:
- Emergency Law of the Republic of Indonesia No. 12 of 1951 on Firearm as stipulated on 1 September 1951 and legislated on 4 September 1951.
- Presidential Instruction No. 9 of 1976 on the Improving of Monitoring and Controlling of Fire Weapons.
- Presidential Decree No. 125 of 1999 on Explosive Weapons
- Law No. 16 of 2012 on Defense Industry. - Minister of Defense
- Regulation No. 7 of 2010 on the Guidelines of Permits, Supervision, and Controlling of Military Standard Fire Weapons Which Being Used Outside Military Organization.
- Minister of Defense Regulation No. 6 of 2017 on the Stipulation of Defense Industries, Production Licensing, Exportation and Importation of Defense and Security Tools.
- Decree of The Indonesian National Armed Forces Commander No. STR/353/2018 on 27 December 2018 on the Mechanism of Procurement and the Release of Goods from the Customs in the Forms of Weapons, Munitions and
Explosive Materials and its related Equipment within the Armed Forces.
- The Regulation of the Indonesian National Armed Forces Commander No. 44 of 2020 on 4 December 2020 on the Stipulation of Defense Equipments and the Security of the Fire Arms, Munition, Explosive Materials and the Spare parts
Commodities in which those Licensing Process are being regulated in the related Exportation and Importation Regulations.
- Minister of Finance Regulation No. 141/PMK. 04/ 2020 on 30 September 2020 on the Supervision of the Exportation
and Importation of Limited/Prohibited Goods.
18.104.22.168. Does your country license the manufacture of SALW? YES
22.214.171.124. Is illegal manufacture of SALW considered a criminal offence in your country? YES
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]