Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
India. 2016 ‘Restrictions on Carrying of Firearm in Public Place.’ Arms Rules 2016; Chapter II (Section 32), pp. 147-148. New Delhi: Department of Publication. 15 July
32. Restrictions on Carrying of Firearm in Public Place
(1) No person shall carry a firearm in a public place unless the firearm is carried –
(a) in the case of a handgun –
(i) in a holster or similar holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of a handgun and attached to his person; or
(ii) in a rucksack or similar holder; or
(b) in the case of any other firearm, in a holder designed, manufactured or adapted for the carrying of a firearm.
(2) A firearm contemplated in sub-rule (1) must be completely covered and the person carrying the firearm must be able to exercise effective control over such firearm.
(3) Brandishing or discharge of firearms or blank-firing firearms in any public place or a firearm free zone is strictly prohibited.
(4) Any violation of this rule shall be liable to revocation of the licence and seizure of the firearm in addition to the penalty specified under the Act.