Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Western Australia. 2016 ‘Number of Registered Firearms by Category in Western Australia.’ Notice of Decision Under Section 30 of the Freedom of Information Act 1992; Ref. 16/0516, pp. 1-2. Perth: Western Australia Police. 24 May
1. Summary of Firearms by their Firearm Category as at 1 April 2016
Firearm Category: Registrations
C: 6,822 (restricted)
D: 139 (restricted)
E: 6,401 (restricted)
H: 27,662 (restricted)
Total: 294,301 [registered firearms]
Source: Data extracted from the Firearms Registry System (FRS) on the above noted date. Data is provisional and subject to revision.
- Category A firearms: air rifle, single shot rim fire rifle, repeating rim fire rifle, single shot shotgun, double barrel shotgun, repeating shotgun (lever or bolt action);
- Category B firearms: muzzle loading firearm (except a handgun), single shot centre fire rifle, double barrel centre fire rifle, repeating centre fire rifle;
- Category C firearms: self loading rim fire rifle with a magazine capacity no more than 10 rounds, self loading shotgun with a magazine capacity no more than 5 rounds, pump action shotgun with a magazine capacity no more than 5 rounds;
- Category D firearms: self loading centre fire rifle designed or adapted for military purposes or a firearm that substantially duplicates such a firearm in design, function, or appearance, self loading shotgun with a magazine capacity more than 5 rounds, pump action shotgun with a magazine capacity more than 5 rounds, self loading rim fire rifle with a magazine capacity more than 10 rounds;
- Category E firearms: Machine-guns that are not handguns; tear-gas guns or projectors; shotguns or rifles with a length of less than 75cm measured parallel to the barrel; cannons; mortars; bazookas; rocket-propelled grenades; and large-calibre military firearms designed to fire an explosive or projectile.
- Category H firearms: handgun (including an air pistol)]