Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
SARPCCO. 1994 ‘Mission and Objectives of SARPCCO.’ Southern African Regional Police Chiefs Co-operation Organisation. Mbabane: SARPCCO and Interpol. 23 September
The objectives of SARPCCO in accordance with its Constitution are subject to the provisions of domestic laws and they include the following:
1. To promote, strengthen and perpetuate co-operation and foster joint strategies for the management of all forms of cross border and related crimes with regional implications.
2. To prepare and disseminate relevant information on criminal activities as may be necessary to benefit members to contain crime in the region.
3. To carry out regular reviews of joint crime management strategies in view of changing national and regional needs and priorities.
4. To ensure efficient operation and management of criminal records and efficient joint monitoring of cross-border crime taking full advantage of the relevant facilities available through Interpol.
5. To make relevant recommendations to governments of member countries in relation to matters affecting effective policing in the Southern African region.
6. To formulate systematic regional training policies and strategies taking into account the need and performance requirements of the regional police services/forces.
7. To carry out any such relevant and appropriate acts and strategies for purposes of promoting regional police co-operation and collaboration as regional circumstances dictate.