Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Slovakia. 2016 ‘International Transfers.’ National Report of Slovakia on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 3, p. 2. New York NY: Permanent Mission of Slovakia to the United Nations. 29 March
Section 3: International Transfers
Laws, regulations and administrative procedures
5. Does your country have laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW? YES
5.1. List laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW.
Act No. 392/2011 on Trade with Defence Industry Producsts. Act No. 144/2013 on trade with specific products, ownership of which is limited due to security reasons.
Licensing and authorisation
5.2. Does a person or an entity who transfers SALW require a licence or other form of authorisation to transfer SALW from/into your country? YES…
5.4.What kind of documentation does your country require prior to authorising an export of SALW to another country?
a) An end-user certificate (EUC) from the importing country: YES
i) What elements does an end-user certificate in your country contain (check relevant boxes)?
1) Detailed description (type, quantity, characteristics) of the SALW or technology: YES
2) Contract number or order reference and date: [No response]
3) Final destination country: YES
4) Description of the end-use of the SALW: YES
5) Exporter's details (name, address and business name): YES
6) End-user information (name, position, full address and original signature): YES
7) Information on other parties involved in the transaction: YES
8) Certification by the relevant government authorities of the authenticity of the end-user: YES
9) Date of issue: YES
10) Other: YES
Anti-reexport clause; assurance of use only by end-user and for the stated end-use; Import license number; Customs tariff number.
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]