Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Macedonia. 2013 ‘Law Enforcement/Criminalization.’ National Report of Macedonia on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Part 4, pp. 2-3. New York NY: Permanent Mission of the Republic of Macedonia to the United Nations. 27 May
4. Law Enforcement/Criminalization
i) What national legislative or other measures exist to make the illegal manufacture, possession, stockpiling and trade of SALW criminal offences under domestic law? How have these measures been implemented?
Relevant Articles of the Criminal Code:
(1) Any person who manufactures, procures, hides or enables someone else to acquire weapons, ammunition, explosives and/or bursting materials or components necessary for their production, toxins and other instruments that the person knew are intended to be used for a crime to be committed, shall be sentenced to imprisonment of one to five years.
(2) If the crime referred to in paragraph (1) of this article is committed with the use of firearms, weapon whose use is prohibited, or explosives or other materials of a larger quantity, the perpetrator shall be sentenced to imprisonment of three to eight years.
(3) A person who makes or gives to another a false key or some other means for breaking in, even though he knows that it is intended for committing a crime, shall be punished with imprisonment of three months to three years.
Unlawful keeping weapons or explosive materials
(1) A person who without authorization manufactures, sells, procures or does an exchange with firearms, ammunition or explosive materials, or a person who without authorization keeps firearms, ammunition or explosive materials, which are forbidden for the citizens, shall be punished with imprisonment of three to ten years.
(2) If the subject of the crime from item 1 is a larger quantity of firearms, ammunition or explosive materials, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of three to ten years.
(3) If the crime referred to in paragraphs (1) and (2) is committed as part of a group, gang or other criminal enterprise, the perpetrator shall be sentenced to imprisonment of at least eight years.
(4) The objects from items 1 and 2, and the means for their manufacture, transfer and distribution shall be confiscated.
(1) Any person who counterfeits markings on firearms by deleting, destroying or changing the markings of a firearm or parts of a firearm, or a person who does not seal and mark firearms, parts, components of firearms and ammunition, shall be sentenced to imprisonment of one, up to ten years.
(2) If the crime referred to in this article has been committed by a legal entity, it shall be punished with a monetary fine