Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Africa. 2014 ‘International Transfers.’ National Report of South Africa on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 3, p. 6. New York NY: Permanent Mission of South Africa to the United Nations. 1 January
Section 3: International Transfers
Laws, regulations and administrative procedures
6. Does your country have laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit r retransfer of SALW? YES
6.1 List laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW.
1. Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000
2. National Convention Arms Control Act of 2002
3. Firearms Control regulations 2004
4. Customs and Exercise Act of 1964…
What kind of documentation does your country require prior to authorising an export of SALW to another country?
a) An end-user certificate (EUC) from the importing country: YES…
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]