Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Switzerland. 2016 ‘International Transfers.’ National Report of Switzerland on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 3, pp. 2-3. New York NY: Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the United Nations. 16 March
Section 3: International Transfers
Laws, regulations and administrative procedures
5. Does your country have laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW? YES
5.1. List laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW.
Weapons in the stockpiles of armed and security forces are decommissioned before their transfer and are hence also subject to the WA. Relevant laws and regulations: Federal Act on Weapons, Weapons Accessories and Ammunition (Weapons Act, WA), SR 514.54; Ordinance on Weapons, Weapons Accessories and Ammunition (Weapons Ordinance, WO), SR 514.541; Ordinance on minimal requirements for business premises of arms trading license holders, SR 514.544.2; Federal Act on War Material (WMA), SR 514.51; Ordinance on War Material (WMO), SR 514.511; Federal Act on the Control of Goods (CGA), SR 946.202; Ordinance on the Control of Goods (CGO), SR 942.202.1; Federal Act on the Implementation of International Sanctions (EmbA), SR 946.231
Licensing and authorisation
5.2. Does a person or an entity who transfers SALW require a licence or other form of authorisation to transfer SALW from/into your country? YES…
5.4.What kind of documentation does your country require prior to authorising an export of SALW to another country?
a) An end-user certificate (EUC) from the importing country: YES
i) What elements does an end-user certificate in your country contain (check relevant boxes)?
1) Detailed description (type, quantity, characteristics) of the SALW or technology: YES
2) Contract number or order reference and date: [No response]
3) Final destination country: YES
4) Description of the end-use of the SALW: YES
5) Exporter's details (name, address and business name): YES
6) End-user information (name, position, full address and original signature): YES
7) Information on other parties involved in the transaction: YES
8) Certification by the relevant government authorities of the authenticity of the end-user: YES
9) Date of issue: YES
10) Other: [No response]…
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]