Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Thailand. 2016 ‘International Transfers.’ National Report of Thailand on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 3, p. 2. New York NY: Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations. 10 May
Section 3: International Transfers
Laws, regulations and administrative procedures
5. Does your country have laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW? YES
5.1. List laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW.
- Firearms, Ammunition, Explosive Articles and Fireworks and Imitation of Firearms Act, B.E. 2490 (1947);
- Act on Export Control of Armaments and Material, B.E. 2530 (1987);
- Munitions of War Control Act, B.E. 2530 (1987);
- Decree on the Export Control of Armaments and Material, B.E. 2535 (1992) Customs Act, B.E. 2469 (1926);
- Act Controlling Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, Fireworks and Imitation of Firearms No.4 (1967);
- Royal Decree in Control of Export of Arms, Ammunition and War Materials 1953.
Licensing and authorisation
5.2. Does a person or an entity who transfers SALW require a licence or other form of authorisation to transfer SALW from/into your country? YES…
5.4.What kind of documentation does your country require prior to authorising an export of SALW to another country?
a) An end-user certificate (EUC) from the importing country: YES
i) What elements does an end-user certificate in your country contain (check relevant boxes)?
1) Detailed description (type, quantity, characteristics) of the SALW or technology: YES
2) Contract number or order reference and date: YES
3) Final destination country: YES
4) Description of the end-use of the SALW: YES
5) Exporter's details (name, address and business name): YES
6) End-user information (name, position, full address and original signature): YES
7) Information on other parties involved in the transaction: YES
8) Certification by the relevant government authorities of the authenticity of the end-user: YES
9) Date of issue: YES
10) Other: [No response]…
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]