Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
European Commission. 2014 ‘Estonia.’ Study to Support an Impact Assessment on Options for Combatting Illicit Firearms Trafficking in the European Union, pp. 165-166. Luxembourg: Centre for Strategy & Evaluation Services. 1 July
Provision on the criminalisation of illicit firearms trafficking: Estonia
Penal Code § 392. Illicit import and export of prohibited goods or goods requiring a special permit
(1) Carriage of prohibited goods, or radioactive substances, explosive substances, narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances, precursors for narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances, non-narcotic medicinal products, dangerous chemicals or waste, strategic goods, firearms or ammunition without a mandatory document or without an entry in the state register across the frontier of the European Union customs territory or state border shall be punished by a pecuniary punishment or up to 5 years' imprisonment.
(2) The same act, if: 1) committed by an official taking advantage of his or her official position; or 2) committed by a group, is punishable by 2 to 10 years' imprisonment.
(3) An act provided for in subsection (1) of this section, if committed by a legal person, is punishable by a pecuniary punishment.
(4) The court shall confiscate the substance or object which was the direct object of commission of an offence provided for in this section.
(5) For the criminal offence provided for in this section, the court shall impose extended confiscation of assets or property acquired by the criminal offence pursuant to the provisions of § 832 of this Code.
Weapons Act § 891. Violation of requirements for handling of or procedure for keeping records and registration of weapons, essential components of firearms or ammunition
(1) Violation of the requirements for the carrying, storage, conveying, manufacture, conversion, repair, sale, rental or transport of weapons, essential components of firearms or ammunition, or violation of other requirements for the handling of weapons, essential components of firearms or ammunition, or violation of the procedure for keeping records and registration of weapons, essential components of firearms or ammunition is punishable by a fine of up to 300 fine units or by detention.
(2) The same act, if committed by a legal person, is punishable by a fine of up to 3200 euros.