Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Northern Territory. 1997 ‘Firearms Armourer Licence.’ Firearms Act 1997 (Reprint, as in force at 1 May 2016); Part 3 (Section 22). Darwin: Northern Territory Government. 13 March
22. Firearms Armourer Licence
(1) A firearms armourer licence authorises the holder to possess, use, repair, manufacture, modify, service and store only firearms of a category specified in the licence.
(2) The holder of a firearms armourer licence, or a partner or an employee of the holder, with the authority of the holder, may, in the normal course of the business of the holder, remove a firearm from premises used by the holder under the licence to test it.
(3) The holder of a firearms armourer licence must ensure that all firearms possessed under the licence are stored in accordance with:
(a) the safe keeping and storage requirements under this Act; and
(b) the safe keeping and storage requirements determined by the Commissioner.
Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units or imprisonment for 12 months.
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply to or in relation to a firearm in the actual possession of the holder, or a partner or an employee of the holder, in the normal course of the business of the holder.