Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Northern Territory. 1997 ‘Firearms Advisory Council.’ Firearms Act 1997 (Reprint, as in force at 1 May 2016); Section 55. Darwin: Northern Territory Government. 13 March
55. Firearms Advisory Council
(1) There is established the Firearms Advisory Council.
(2) The Council consists of:
(a) the executive members of the Northern Territory Firearms Council Incorporated; and
(b) a police officer nominated by the Commissioner; and
(c) other persons appointed by the Minister in consultation with the Northern Territory Firearms Council Incorporated.
(3) The member nominated under subsection (2)(b) is the Chairperson of the Council.
(4) Subject to this Part, a member appointed under subsection (2)(c) holds office for the period, not longer than 3 years, specified in the instrument of appointment, but is eligible for reappointment.
(5) A person appointed under subsection (2)(c) may resign by written notice signed by the person and given to the Minister.