Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Jamaica. 1967 ‘Records and Returns.’ Firearms Act 1967 Regulation, Act 23 of 2010; Part III (Article 17), pp. 20-21. Kingston: Parliament of Jamaica. 16 March
Records and Returns
17.(1) Every licensed dealer (as defined in this section) shall provide and keep a register of transactions and shall enter or cause to be entered therein such particulars as may be prescribed of all transactions relating to his business as a licensed dealer.
(2) Every such entry shall be made within twenty-four hours after the transaction to which it relates took place, and, in the case of a sale or transfer, every such licensed dealer shall at the time of the transaction require the purchaser or transferee, if not known to him, to furnish particulars sufficient for identification, and shall immediately enter the said particulars in the register.
(3) Every such licensed dealer shall on demand allow any constable duly authorised in writing in that behalf by the chief officer of police, or any member of the Constabulary Force of or above the rank of Inspector to enter and inspect all stock in hand and shall on request by-
(a) any constable duly authorised in writing in that behalf by the chief officer of police; or
(b) an officer of customs; or
(c) any member of the Constabulary Force as aforesaid, produce for inspection the register required to be kept under subsection (1):
Provided that any written authority required by this subsection shall be produced on demand.
(4) Every person who is required to keep a register of transactions under subsection (1) shall make such returns to such authority in such form, in respect of such periods, at such time and containing such particulars as may be prescribed.
(5) Every person who contravenes this section or knowingly makes any false entry in the register required to be kept under subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence.
(6) In this section "licensed dealer" means the holder of a Firearm Manufacturer's Licence, a Firearm Dealer's Licence or a Gunsmith's Licence.