Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Canada. 2015 ‘Controlled Goods.’ Defence Production Act R.S.C., 1985, c. D-1 (Act Current to 30 August 2015); Part 2 (Section 35, Schedule), p. 15; pp. 21-34. Ottawa ON: Senate and House of Commons of Canada. 26 February
Part 2. Regulation of Access to Controlled Goods
Definition of "controlled goods"
35. In this Part, "controlled goods" means the goods referred to in the schedule.
CONTROLLED GOODS LIST
Defence Production Act, (section 35)
1. The following definitions apply in this schedule.
"firearm" has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Criminal Code.
"full demilitarization" means an action that permanently prevents a good's repair, restoration or reverse engineering.
"Guide" has the same meaning as in section 1 of the Export Control List.
"prohibited firearm" has the same meaning as in paragraph (c) of the definition "prohibited firearm" in subsection 84(1) of the Criminal Code.
"restricted firearm" has the same meaning as in subsection 84(1) of the Criminal Code.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2) and section 6, the following are controlled goods…
(2) For the purposes of this section, controlled goods do not include a firearm or its specially designed components if it is not a prohibited firearm and it has
(a) a calibre equal to or less than 12.7 mm; or
(b) a smooth bore with a calibre less than 20 mm…
6. The following goods are not controlled goods…
(b) a firearm that has a calibre greater than 12.7 mm and is not a restricted firearm, other than a howitzer, mortar, anti-tank weapon, projectile launcher, flame thrower, recoilless rifle and their components;
(c) a prohibited firearm if an individual holds a licence that authorizes them to possess the prohibited firearm under section 12 of the Firearms Act;
(d) specially designed components of a prohibited firearm; and
(e) the following types of ammunition:
(i) shotgun ammunition of any gauge,
(ii) ammunition with a calibre less than or equal to 12.7 mm, and
(iii) ammunition for any firearm that is not set out in this schedule.