Buscar Datos

Prevención de la violencia armada, leyes sobre el control de armas de fuego y el comercio de armas pequeñas:

Gun Policy News, 13 December 2002

Estados Unidos

13 December 2002

Associated Press

NEW YORK — Severe doubts about a book on guns in the United States has led Columbia University to rescind the prestigious Bancroft Prize for history. "Arming America," by Michael Bellesiles, had received the award in 2001. In a statement released Friday, Columbia said that the school's trustees had concluded "his book had not and does not meet the standards … established for the Bancroft Prize." Columbia has asked Bellesiles to return the prize money, $4,000. It... (GunPolicy.org)

Lea el artículo entero : Associated Press

780

Canadá

13 December 2002

Star Phoenix (Saskatchewan)

SASKATOON — The federal government will end its funding relationship with the Saskatchewan Association for Firearms Education (SAFE) Inc. as of Jan. 31, a move that has left the organization's administration scratching their heads. "It just makes no sense. It's a whole legacy that they're laying down here of even more lack of good sense in what they're doing," said SAFE executive director Rick Wyatt. "It's a pretty frustrating situation right now, that's for... (GunPolicy.org)

Lea el artículo entero : Star Phoenix (Saskatchewan)

781

Canadá

13 December 2002

Ottawa Citizen (Ontario)

The Canadian Alliance has been urging gun owners to disobey the Firearms Act and jam up the federal gun licensing and registration system with faulty paperwork, Solicitor General Wayne Easter charged yesterday. Mr. Easter made the allegation moments after Justice Minister Martin Cauchon announced in the Commons that last week's decision to withdraw $72 million in funding for the troubled gun program means it will have to borrow money from other Justice Department... (GunPolicy.org)

Lea el artículo entero : Ottawa Citizen (Ontario)

782

Papúa-Nueva Guinea

13 December 2002

Post-Courier (Port Moresby)

The first batch of 105 retrenched soldiers are expected to leave the barracks this weekend. Defence Force Commander Brigadier-General Peter Ilau said the soldiers have assured the force hierarchy they would leave the barracks by the weekend. He said the next group of 499 were only waiting for the State's component of their Defence Force Retirement Benefit Fund entitlements before they also leave. General Ilau also hopes the force would be able to get the second... (GunPolicy.org)

Lea el artículo entero : Post-Courier (Port Moresby)

22908