Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Estonia. 2002 ‘Expropriation of Weapons and Ammunition.’ Weapons Act (Riigi Teataja I 2001, 65, 377) [with amendments to June 2004]; Section 6 (Chapter 1). Tallinn: Riigi Teataja (State Gazette). 31 March
§ 6. Expropriation of Weapons and Ammunition
(1) Expropriation is defined in this Act as the taking into state ownership of weapons and ammunition in the cases prescribed by this Act.
(2) Weapons and ammunition shall be expropriated for fair and immediate compensation. Compensation shall be paid to the owner or possessor of or the successor to the weapon or ammunition subject to expropriation.
(3) Expropriation shall be formulated by a resolution of a police prefect which indicates the basis for expropriation, the amount of compensation payable and the recipient of the compensation. The decision shall be made known to the recipient of the compensation.
(4) The procedure for the calculation and payment of compensation payable for weapons and ammunition subject to expropriation shall be established by the Government of the Republic.
(5) The procedure for the sale and destruction of expropriated weapons and ammunition shall be established by a regulation of the Minister of Internal Affairs.