Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Malaysia. 1960 ‘No Person to Manufacture Arms or Ammunition Without Licence.’ Laws of Malaysia, Act 206, Arms Act 1960 [Act as of January 2006]; Part II (Section 12). Kuala Lumpur: The Commissioner of Law Revision, Malaysia. 1 January
No Person to Manufacture Arms or Ammunition Without Licence
12. (1) No person shall manufacture any arm or ammunition unless he is the holder of a valid licence to manufacture arms or ammunition granted to him by the Minister under this section.
(2) The Minister may, if he considers it in the national interest to do so, grant to any applicant a licence to manufacture arms or ammunition and such licence shall be subject to this Act and any regulations made thereunder, and to all conditions and restrictions imposed in such licence which may include—
(a) the type and quantities of arms or ammunition the holder of the licence is authorized to manufacture;
(b) the security measures to be undertaken by the holder of the licence at the place of manufacture or any other place;
(c) the requirement that the holder of the licence, if it is a company, firm, society or other body of persons, permits a government official nominated by the Minister to be present at any meeting of its board of management; and
(d) any other conditions which the Minister may deem fit to impose.
(3) A licence to manufacture arms or ammunition shall be in the prescribed form and be valid for such period as the Minister may specify but may at any time be varied, suspended or cancelled by the Minister.
(4) A licensed manufacturer shall keep such books and records in such manner and containing such particulars as may be prescribed, and shall on demand produce the same for the inspection of any police officer of or above the rank of sergeant at such place or time as the police officer may reasonably require.
(5) A licensed manufacturer shall make to the Minister such returns containing such particulars and made at such dates and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(6) Notwithstanding anything in this Act, if the Minister grants the application for a licence to manufacture arms or ammunition under this section, he may vary the conditions attached to any other licence granted to the applicant under this Act.
(7) This section shall also apply to an application for renewal of a licence to manufacture arms or ammunition as it applies to the grant thereof.