Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Lithuania. 2002 ‘Destroying of Weapons, Ammunition, their Components.’ Republic of Lithuania Law on Control of Weapons and Ammunition 2002 No. IX-705 (As last amended on 14 January 2010 - No. XI-646); Chapter 13 (Article 43). Vilnius: Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. 15 January
Destroying of Weapons, Ammunition, their Components
1. All weapons which are unfit for use, their components which are impossible or inexpedient to repair, ammunition unfit for use must be destroyed.
2. Persons shall deliver the weapons, ammunition, their components which are in their possession and which they wish to be destroyed to a territorial police institution, and the latter shall, at least once every six months, transfer the weapons, ammunition, their parts which have been delivered for destroying, to the Weaponry Fund.
3. The Weaponry Fund shall, with participation of a commission set up by it, destroy, in a manner prescribed by the Weaponry Fund, the weapons, ammunition, their components which have been transferred for destroying.
4. Weapons, ammunition, their components must be destroyed in such a way so as to guarantee that they become completely unfit for use. Weapons, ammunition, their components must be destroyed in such a way which would not pose a threat to human health and the environment.
5. Entities having a special status, except the Ministry of National Defence, must transfer to the Weaponry Fund weapons, ammunition, their components designated to be destroyed. The Ministry of National Defence shall destroy weapons, ammunition, their components in accordance with the procedure established by other legal acts.