Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Lithuania. 2002 ‘Carrying and Transportation of Weapons and Ammunition.’ Republic of Lithuania Law on Control of Weapons and Ammunition 2002 No. IX-705 (As last amended on 14 January 2010 - No. XI-646); Chapter 8 (Article 33). Vilnius: Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. 15 January
Carrying and Transportation of Weapons and Ammunition
1. Persons having permits to hold weapons shall transport the weapons to another place (a place of holding of a weapon, a shooting range, etc.) unloaded, put in a holster or any other appropriate container. Cartridges may not be put in the barrel and the magazine must be removed from the weapon.
2. A permit to acquire weapons, ammunition shall grant the right to transport the acquired weapons, ammunition to the place of storing and to hold them until the registration (but not longer than 10 days).
3. A permit to hold an arm shall not grant the right to carry a weapon and ammunition.
4. Weapons designed for hunting shall be carried loaded within the areas of hunting as is prescribed by the legal acts regulating hunting.
5. In the cases prescribed by laws it may be prohibited to carry weapons in public places, if this may cause a threat to the security of an individual or society. This provision shall not apply to officers of entities having a special status, who perform duties in the cases provided for in laws, as well as to persons who carry out professional activities related to the protection of an individual and property.
6. Entities having a special status, their officers shall carry and transport weapons and ammunition in a manner prescribed by other legal acts.