Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Lithuania. 2002 ‘General Requirements for Issuing Permits.’ Republic of Lithuania Law on Control of Weapons and Ammunition 2002 No. IX-705 (As last amended on 14 January 2010 - No. XI-646); Chapter 5 (Article 12). Vilnius: Seimas of the Republic of Lithuania. 15 January
General Requirements for Issuing Permits
6. A permit to acquire a weapon shall be valid for a period of six months from the day of its issuance. In case of failure to acquire a weapon, it shall be possible to apply, in accordance with the general procedure, to a police institution for another permit to acquire a weapon.
7. Permits to acquire weapons shall allow a permit holder to acquire ammunition.
8. Natural persons may acquire and keep at the same time not more than 500 cartridges of each type (calibre) for the weapons they possess. Natural persons who possess weapons for sporting purposes may acquire and keep at the same time an unlimited number of cartridges of each type (calibre).
9. The amount of ammunition which is permitted to be acquired and kept by legal persons shall be established by the Government or an institution authorised by it.
10. Permits to acquire weapons classified in Categories A, B and C, their ammunition shall be issued to permanent residents of the Republic of Lithuania and legal persons registered in the Republic of Lithuania in accordance with the procedure established by the Government or an institution authorised by it. Acquired weapons must be registered at police institutions not later than within 10 days of the acquisition thereof. Upon the registration of the weapons, a permit to carry weapons or a permit to hold them shall be issued. A single permit to carry (hold) weapons may be issued to natural persons. The said permit shall indicate which weapons a person may carry and which he may hold…