Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
New South Wales. 1996 ‘Register of Firearms.’ Firearms Act 1996 No 46 (Act Current to 24 November 2015); Section 33 (Part 3). Sydney: New South Wales Government. 28 June
33. Register of Firearms
(1) The Commissioner is to cause to be compiled and maintained a Register of Firearms.
(2) The Register is to contain:
(a) such particulars of each registered firearm (including its serial number if any) as are sufficient to identify the firearm and the person in whose name the firearm is registered, and
(b) particulars of the licence or permit of the person in respect of whom the firearm is registered, and
(c) such other information as may be required by the regulations to be included in the Register.
(3) The Register is to be maintained in such form as:
(a) to enable the Register to be linked to the National Exchange of Police Information (NEPI) scheme, and
(b) to enable information in the Register to be accessed by other State and Territory government firearms authorities.
(4) The Register is not to be made available for inspection by any member of the public.
(5) The regulations may make provision with respect to the Register.