Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
New South Wales. 1996 ‘Licence Categories and Authority Conferred by Licence - Category A.’ Firearms Act 1996 No 46 (Act Current to 24 November 2015); Section 8 (Part 2). Sydney: New South Wales Government. 28 June
8. Licence categories and authority conferred by licence
(1) The categories of licences, the firearms to which they apply, and the authority they confer, are as follows:
Category A licence
Firearms to which the licence applies:
- air rifles
- rimfire rifles (other than self-loading),
- shotguns (other than repeating action, eg pump action, or self-loading)
- shotgun/rimfire rifle combinations.
All prohibited firearms are excluded from this licence category.
Authority conferred by the licence:
The licensee is authorised to possess or use a registered firearm of the kind to which the licence applies, but only for the purpose established by the licensee as being the genuine reason for possessing or using the firearm.