Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Netherlands. 1997 ‘Transfer and Acquisition of Weapons and Ammunition of the Categories II, III and IV - Art. 31.’ Weapons and Ammunition Act (Wet Wapens en Munitie) 1997; Article 31. The Hague: Ministry of Justice. 10 July
Transfer and Acquisition of Weapons and Ammunition of the Categories II, III and IV - Art. 31
1. It is prohibited to transfer a weapon or ammunition of the categories II and III.
2. The first paragraph does not apply to transfer to persons entitled to possess the weapon or the ammunition.
3. Without prejudice to the provision laid down in the first paragraph, it is prohibited to transfer a weapon of category III without receiving the permission for acquisition as referred to in Article 32.
4. It is prohibited to transfer a weapon or ammunition of category IV to a person who has not yet reached the age of eighteen.
5. Exemption may be granted by regulation of Our Minister from the prohibition of the fourth paragraph in the framework of sports exercised in the context of a sports club.
[This excerpt is taken from an unsourced, undated, unofficial translation of the Act provided by the Netherlands Ministry of Justice, which does not take into account amendments enacted since 1997].