Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Ireland. 1972 ‘Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order.’ S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order, 1972. Dublin: Ministry of Justice. 2 August
S.I. No. 187/1972: FIREARMS (TEMPORARY CUSTODY) ORDER, 1972.
FIREARMS (TEMPORARY CUSTODY) ORDER, 1972.
I, DESMOND O'MALLEY, Minister for Justice, being satisfied that it is necessary to do so in the interests of the public safety, hereby, in exercise of the powers conferred on me by section 4 (1) of the Firearms Act, 1964 (No. 1 of 1964), order as follows:
1. This Order may be cited as the Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order, 1972.
2. This Order shall remain in force for a period of one month.
3. Every person residing in the State and having possession of a firearm or ammunition of any of the classes specified in the Schedule to this Order shall surrender it to the Garda Síochána on or before the 5th day of August, 1972.
1. Pistols and revolvers and ammunition therefor.
2. Rifled firearms of a calibre exceeding .22 inches and ammunition therefor.
GIVEN under my Official Seal this 2nd day of August, 1972.
DESMOND O'MALLEY, Minister for Justice.
This Order requires every person residing in the State to surrender to the Garda Síochána on or before 5th August, 1972, any revolver or pistol or any rifled firearm of a calibre in excess of .22 inches in his possession, together with any ammunition therefor. The Order will remain in force for one month.