Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Mozambique. 2016 ‘International Transfers.’ National Report of Mozambique on its Implementation of the United Nations Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects (UNPoA); Section 3, pp. 1-2. New York NY: Permanent Mission of Mozambique to the United Nations. 31 March
Section 3: International Transfers
Laws, regulations and administrative procedures
5. Does your country have laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW? YES
5.1. List laws, regulations or administrative procedures to exercise effective control over the export, import, transit or retransfer of SALW.
National laws, regulations and administrative procedures to exercise control over SALW in Mozambique in the areas of production, export, import, transit and retransfer are:
1. Decree Nº8/2007, of 30 April 2007 Arms and Ammunition Act (AAA)
2. Law 33551 of 21 February 1944, dealing with customs and imports;
3. Law 3099 of 24 May 1999, dealing with customs and tarifs;
4. Law 3/97 of May 1997, dealing with Illegal Trafficking in Drugs;
5. Law 7/2002 of 05 February, dealing with money laundering;
6. Statute 10/87 of 19 September, Penal Code amendment dealing specifically with firearms.
Licensing and authorisation
5.2. Does a person or an entity who transfers SALW require a licence or other form of authorisation to transfer SALW from/into your country? YES…
5.4. What kind of documentation does your country require prior to authorising an export of SALW to another country?
a) An end-user certificate (EUC) from the importing country: YES
i) What elements does an end-user certificate in your country contain (check relevant boxes)?
1) Detailed description (type, quantity, characteristics) of the SALW or technology: YES
2) Contract number or order reference and date: YES
3) Final destination country: YES
4) Description of the end-use of the SALW: YES
5) Exporter's details (name, address and business name): YES
6) End-user information (name, position, full address and original signature): YES
7) Information on other parties involved in the transaction: YES
8) Certification by the relevant government authorities of the authenticity of the end-user: YES
9) Date of issue: YES
10) Other: [No response]…
[SALW = Small Arms and Light Weapons]