Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
South Sudan. 2016 ‘Registrar of Firearms.’ Firearms Bill 2016; Chapter II (Section 9), p. 9. Juba: Republic of South Sudan. 1 January
Section 9. Registrar of Firearms
(1) The Inspector General of Police shall be the Registrar of Firearms for the purposes of section 6.
(2) The Registrar shall be answerable to the Minister in the performance of his or her duties.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible for administration of the Registry and issuance of Firearm licence and permits.
(4) For the purpose of subsection (3) of this section, the Registrar shall develop and maintain:
(a) accurate and up-to-date Firearms Register and
(b) electronic and archival administration system to implement and support the objectives of this Bill.
(5) The Registrar may, in writing, delegate any of his or her functions to his or her assistant.