Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Guyana. 2010 ‘Application for Firearm License.’ Laws of Guyana, Chapter 16:05, Subsidiary Legislation, Firearms (Licensing) Regulations; Part II (Sections 3, 4, 5, 6), pp. 52-53. Georgetown: National Assembly of Guyana. 1 January
3. Application for firearm license…
(2) The prescribed officer on receipt of the application shall cause an investigation be conducted to ascertain if the application satisfies the conditions set out in section 18 of the Act to warrant the grant of a firearm licence.
(3) The investigator shall ascertain whether or not the applicant -
a) is involved in any criminal conduct;
b) has a criminal record;
c) is a threat to the National Security of Guyana; or
d) is involved in any other activity that would render him ineligible for grant of a firearm licence.
(4) At the end of the investigation, the prescribed officer shall cause a report on the investigation to be prepared along with a recommendation as to whether or not the applicant should be granted permission to be a licensed firearm holder and submit the report with the recommendation to the Commissioner.
4. Commissioner to conduct review
The Commissioner on receipt of the report with the recommendation from the prescribed officer shall conduct a review of the report and recommendation.
5. Commissioner to submit report
The Commissioner shall submit the report with the recommendation received from the prescribed officer to the Minister accompanied with any finding of the review conducted by the said Commissioner.
6. Firearm licensing Approval Board
(1) The Minister shall appoint three persons to form the Firearm Licensing Approval Board shall with clear terms of reference to review all applications received from the Commissioner for the grant of firearm licences and the registration of firearms and the registration of firearm dealers, under section 18 and 241 of the Act, respectively…
[Amended by Act 1/2010]