Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Hadzovic, Denis, Armin Krzalic and Sanja Mihajlovic. 2013 ‘Legislative and Normative Capacities.’ Small Arms Survey 2010/2011: Bosnia and Herzegovina, p. 45. Belgrade: South Eastern and Eastern Europe Clearinghouse for the Control of Small Arms and Light Weapons (SEESAC), European Union, UN Development Programme. 20 November
4.1. Legislation and the Regulatory Framework
This section analyses and provides an overview of the regulative and other legislative regulations governing the production, export and import, movement and trafficking of weapons, issuance of civilian licenses for private use and weapons licenses issued to private security companies. Furthermore, this section tackles the issue of adequate records keeping and the central database of weapons as well as the harmonisation of BiH legislation with international standards.
Legislative and Normative Capacities…
Since December 2009, a new law governing the control of foreign trade in goods and services, bearing strategic importance for BiH, has been enacted. Through the enactment of this law the previously mentioned Law on the Export and Import of Weapons, Arms and Military Equipment [of 2003} was amended on several occasions prior to it being derogated. In addition to the aforementioned law, other laws have been enacted with the aim of regulating this domain.
1. Law on the Policy on Direct Foreign Investment in BiH
2. The Law on the Production of Arms and Military Equipment in BiH
3. Law on Examining, Marking and Tracing Small Arms and Ammunition in BiH
4. Law on the Import and Export of Arms and Military Equipment and Control of the Import and Export of Dual-Use items of BiH
5. Criminal Code of BiH
6. Law on the Transportation of Dangerous Goods of BiH
7. The Law on the Control of Movement of Weapons and Military Equipment of BiH
8. Law on Border Control of BiH
9. Customs Policy Law of BiH…
[BiH = Bosnia and Herzegovina]