Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Canada. 2015 ‘Amendment of Records.’ Firearms Records Regulations SOR/98-213 (Regulations are current to 10 September 2015) (Section 7), pp. 3-4. Ottawa ON: Minister of Justice. 10 September
Amendment of Records
7. (1) Records kept in the Canadian Firearms Registry under section 83 of the Act shall be amended only by the Registrar.
(2) Records kept under section 87 of the Act by a chief firearms officer shall be amended only by the chief firearms officer.1
(3) The Registrar shall inform every chief firearms officer of any amendment made under subsection (1).
(4) A chief firearms officer shall inform the Registrar and all other chief firearms officers of any amendment made under subsection (2).
(5) An individual who wants personal information that is contained in a record about himself or herself to be amended shall submit an application in writing
(a) in the case of a record in the Canadian Firearms Registry, to the Registrar; and
(b) in the case of a record kept under section 87 of the Act, to the chief firearms officer in respect of the province in which the record was originally created.