Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Dominica. 2011 ‘Firearm Dealer Licence.’ Firearms Act No. 3 of 2011; Part IV (Section 19), pp. 224-225. Roseau: Parliament of the Commonwealth of Dominica. 15 April
Firearm Dealer Licence
19. (1) In accordance with section 7:1
(a) a person who wishes to carry on business or conduct trade as a dealer in firearms or ammunition may apply to the appropriate authority2 for a firearm dealer licence; and
(b) the appropriate authority may grant the firearm dealer licence.
(2) Section 7(6) does not apply in the case of an application for a firearm dealer licence.
(3) A firearm dealer licence authorises the holder to import, deal in, repair, test, prove and sell firearms and ammunition in the ordinary course of business in accordance with the terms of the licence at a place specified in the licence.
(4) A firearm dealer shall keep a register of transactions setting out:
(a) the quantities and descriptions of firearms and ammunition purchased or acquired, with the makes and addresses of the sellers or transferors and the dates of the several transactions;
(b) the quantities and descriptions of firearms and ammunitions accepted for sale, repair, test, proof, cleaning, storage, destruction or other purpose, with the names and addresses of the transferors and the dates of the several transactions;
(c) the quantities and description of firearms and ammunition sold and transferred with the names and addresses of the purchasers and transferees and the dates of the several transactions;
(d) particulars of all firearms and ammunitions acquired by him.
(5) A firearm dealer shall forward to the appropriate authority every three months, a true extract of the register kept pursuant to subsection (4) in respect of all transactions entered during the preceding months, or, if there were no transactions, a statement to that effect.
(6) A firearm dealer shall produce for inspection the book of entries specified in subsection (4) on request by a police officer or other authorised officer.
(7) The holder of a firearm dealer licence shall not deal in firearms or ammunitions except at the premises specified in his firearm dealer licence.
(8) A person who fails to comply with this section commits an offence and is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding forty thousand dollars or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding seven years or to both…