By Philip Alpers 5077 downloads
Mass Gun Killings in Australia, 1971-2019
- Of 112 victims shot dead, 51% were killed by a licensed gun owner
- 82% of the victims were shot by a killer with no previous history of violent crime
- 71% of the victims were shot by a killer with no previous history of mental illness
- All the perpetrators were men
- While 19 victims of mass shootings from 1987 to 2019 were killed by men with a known history of mental illness, 52 out of 112 victims were shot by previously law-abiding, licensed male gun owners using legally held firearms.