Citation(s) from the GunPolicy.org literature library
Guyana. 2010 ‘Registration of Firearms Dealers.’ Laws of Guyana, Chapter 16:05, Subsidiary Legislation, Firearms (Licensing) Regulations; Part III (Sections 9, 12), pp. 54-55. Georgetown: National Assembly of Guyana. 1 January
9. Application for certificate of registration
(1) Where an application is made to the Commissioner1 by a person to become a licence firearm dealer,2 the application shall be accompanied by particulars set out in in Form J of the First Schedule to the Act.
(2) The Commissioner on receipt of the application shall cause an investigation of the claims of the applicant to be conducted to verify authenticity, in compliance with section 24 of the Act3 and shall submit a report to the Minister stating whether or not the applicant -
a) has any criminal report;
b) is engaged in any illegal activity;
c) is a threat to the National Security of Guyana; or
d) is engaged in any other activity that would render him ineligible to become a licensed firearms dealer…
12. Minister's decision
(1) The Minister on receipt of the recommendation from the Firearm Licensing Approval Board shall make his decision.
(2) The Minister shall inform the Commissioner of his decision to grant or refuse the application in writing…
[Amended by Act 1/2010]